Enjoy the many benefits that our revolutionary AirForm® process brings to rollers and pulleys. It is a CNC controlled process that selectively reduces the tube diameter along its entire length. AirForm® rollers and pulleys are true precision grade with TIR’s that range from .020″ to .010″ – not the .060″ to .120″ associated with expanded rim technologies. Also, AirForm® rollers and pulleys are available in point, trapezoidal, arc, concave, and straight crowns. Like our machined grade rollers and pulleys, AirForm® components are available in all shaft to pulley configuration, with or without lagging, and can be dynamically balanced.
Eliminate the additional expense and weight required to machine rollers and pulleys – with AirForm® you get a lighter weight pulley without all of the extra fabrication and material costs.
- Rollers and pulleys manufactured with Bryant Products’ revolutionary AirForm® technology require no tooling
- Available in major diameters ranging from 1.50″ to 9″, lengths up to 82″, and wall thicknesses to .250″
- Bryant manufactures the most accurate tapers in the industry with TIRs down to .010″
- Available in low carbon, stainless steel, and aluminum
- Since our tubes are free-formed in air, you can specify a wide range of concave, convex, compound, wave forms, cylindrical shapes with single or multiple crowns or grooves, and back-to-back taper designs
- Optional unique, single piece “drop-back” design eliminates the cost, weight, additional material, welding, and reduced TIR common to “True Taper” rollers using washer in the back end for a bearing set
- The drive grooves in our belt driven rollers are produced during the basic forming operation, thereby eliminating the expense of a secondary operation.
- For extraordinary savings, use AirForm ‘V’ guide pulleys for belts equipped with ‘A’ or ‘B’ section tracking guides. WIth AirForm® ‘V’ guide pulleys, the relief groove is precision formed directly into the face of the pulley. This completely eliminates all of the fabricating needed to mate a machined center section to the butt welded barrel sections along with the subsequent machining of the welded components.
The economies associated with AirForm® parts are these:
- All machined trapezoids and crowned pulleys or cores have to start out with heavy wall tubing to allow for the removal of mataerial. Since AirForm® reduces the diameter of the tubing, rather than cut it away, conveyor pulleys and cores for various industrial rolls can be formed from lighter gauge materials.
- The cycle time to AirForm® a part is 75% less than that of a lathe turned core or pulley without any sacrifice in run out or balance. In fact, the lighter mass of AirForm® shells often has a beneficial effect on the life of supporting members.
For all of your light and medium duty roller and pulley needs, think of Bryant – the industry leader in precision, technology, and value for precision grade unit handling pulleys. We have produced tapered rollers and pulleys for conveyor applications, point, trapezoidal, and arc crowned conveyor pulleys, precision class end rolls for treadmills, decorative tubular steel table legs, center posts for office chairs, specialty aluminum baseball bats, race car struts, and decorative ash trays and stands.